[Resolved] Generate Press copyright in footer bar?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generate Press copyright in footer bar?

Home Forums Support Generate Press copyright in footer bar?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dennis

How can I (safely) remove the GP Copyright from my footer bar. I have the premium version of GP. Tried a plugin and screwed up the website completely. I loved GP until this… now not so much

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dennis,

Try this snippet here:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','tu_remove_footer' );
    function tu_remove_footer() {
        remove_action( 'generate_footer','generate_construct_footer' );
    }

Adding PHP: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Let me know.

Dennis

Does not appear to be working. Maybe my fault… I’ve tried to fix it using a variety of plugins and I have managed to substitute my name by the copyright sign, on one of my sites. I have a practice site and I did it there. But I don’t remember how. I inserted your code on the “Customize – additional CSS” location on that site and it had no effect. I hoped it would make the copyright thing go away. And wonder if it would have worked if I hadn’t improvised earlier. http://www.dstostad.biz

On my keeper site, I used a remove from footer plugin. I’m afraid I copied the wrong code to remove. When done, the copyright thing was gone but all the layout of the page was messed up. I tried pasting the removed code back on the cusomize-additional CSS spot and it didn’t help. I’ve tried lots of things to restore to the status before my meddling and nothing works. Including rebuilding the website using a different theme (Tesseract). With the new theme it looks like it is working but won’t properly display posts, won’t let me use Elementor, when I try Beaver Builder, I can’t bring in photos. I’m planning to just wipe out the domain and start from scratch (hostgator says that will work if I reinstall Word Press).

My bottom line question is can I resolve this for future applications of Generate Press? I was getting to like it and very sad…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The code is not CSS. Try using Code Snippets: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/#code-snippets

Dennis

Thanks Leo. Will try it. You’re helping me learn a whole lot more about websites. I’m a good website creator/designer as long as I’m working within the themes. Until now, I’ve never heard of snippets. Thanks.

Dennis

Leo, I fear I’m wasting your time because of my ignorance…

I used a snippet plugin and got rid of the offending copyright. Also got rid of the footer bar. So I just used one of the footer widgets and was able to enter text that displayed. But I can’t change the colors in the new footer. It is white background. Not sure I’ll hate that but I like to control.

Dennis

Aha! I found a way to do the color things.

You’re a genius! Thanks. Maybe I will keep using Generate press…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.