[Resolved] Generate press child theme disappears

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generate press child theme disappears

Home Forums Support Generate press child theme disappears

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    olusegun

SO I have a child theme installed but I always see an error message at the top of my admin page saying generate press needs to be installed for generate premium to work, but I don’t pay attention since everything is working great. But at some point, I decided to install generate press again just so the error message could disappear, now the error message has gone. But to my surprise the generate press child theme disappeared, I decided to install it again but I get the error message that theme cannot be installed because Destination folder already exists.

please I will like to know if the child theme is still on my site and how to make it work because I have some codes in the functions.php of the child theme and I don’t think its working anymore and I need it to work

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP definitely doesn’t have the ability to delete a child theme – our support forum would be flooded with complaints if that’s the case.

Did you download the child theme from here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/

Do you still see a child theme under Dashboard > Appearance > Themes?

olusegun

yess i downloaded it from https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/ and I cant find it anymore in Dashboard > Appearance > Themes. i know this is an unusual occurrence and I am surprised that the child theme disappeared the moment I installed gp again. but the issue now is I cant install the child theme anymore because of the above error, I still have the new file I downloaded yesterday but it wont install.

error: Destination folder already exists. /home/mu*****ic.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress_child/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you will need to access your WordPress site from FTP and delete the Child Theme folders from there.

olusegun

that fixed it. Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.