[Resolved] Generate Blocks: Grid margin bug on mobile (beta-1)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generate Blocks: Grid margin bug on mobile (beta-1)

Home Forums Support Generate Blocks: Grid margin bug on mobile (beta-1)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jon

First, let me say how much I LOVE GenerateBlocks! I’m almost done building a page (I’ll put it in Website URL portion of this post). I look forward to re-writing our entire website with this tool when it’s out of beta.

Now, onto the bug (I think it’s a bug)

I created a container, and within the container added a 3-across grid. In each cell of the grid is another container. Let’s call each container of the grid cell 1, cell 2, and cell 3. In each cell container is a paragraph block. All good. It looks great on desktop so far. Each cell has a margin of whitespace separating each cell.

However, I ran into a problem on Mobile. The 3-across grid stacks vertically as it should on mobile, but in between each container there is no space. The colored grids are on top of each other, colors running together with no separation. So I went into the block editor for grid->spacing-> selected mobile and added a 1 em margin on the bottom of each of the three containers in the grid. When viewing on mobile, ONLY THE FIRST CELL (CONTAINER) HAS A BORDER. So cell 1 is by itself as it should be with whitespace all around, but cells 2 and 3 have no margin, no whitespace. The behavior can be seen both on my desktop with a reduced browser and from my mobile device.

I’ve posted the URL with the page on this ticket.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jon,

When using grids, it’s best to adjust the gap between each item in the “Grid” block settings. You’ll see we have horizontal and vertical gap options: https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/grid-overview/#editing-our-grid-block

Then in each cell, you’ll see a “Remove vertical gap” option, which can be used for the last item (or items in the last row).

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.