[Resolved] Generate Blocks editing after editing with Elementor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generate Blocks editing after editing with Elementor

Home Forums Support Generate Blocks editing after editing with Elementor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Laura

Hi,
    I’m trying out Generate Blocks. I made a new test page and added some content via Generate Blocks and the blocks editor and published. Then, edited with Elementor. Now I want to edit it again in blocks. Once I edit it in Elementor, the blue Elementor button is in the blocks editing area. Once you edit it once in elementor, are you stuck with it forever being in Elementor? I want to edit what I edited in Elementor back in Generator blocks now. Can you switch back and forth?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I don’t believe you can switch back and forth like that unfortunately.

As far as I understand, Elementor cannot be used in combination with Gutenberg editor (not sure why you’d want to anyways) but this something you will need to check with their support.

Laura

Hmmmm…I thought I saw that you could bounce between the two. So, if I want to edit in Generate Blocks, I can only ever edit in Generate Blocks and if I edit in Elementor it’s forever locked into Elementor?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

When you activate the page builder on a page then the whole page would be using the page builder.

I don’t really see any reasons why you would want to use GB/Gutenberg and Elementor on the same page either.

The two options basically serve the same purpose as Gutenberg is an editor and so is Elementor.

Laura

Ok. What I still don’t get though is…if I have edited in Elementor and then say for some reason want to go back to blocks, not Elementor, it appears I am stuck in Elementor, you can’t go back to blocks? What if someday I only want to use Generate Blocks and not Elementor, it looks like I’d lose the content in the Elementor editor?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What if someday I only want to use Generate Blocks and not Elementor, it looks like I’d lose the content in the Elementor editor?

That’s the case with all page builders as far as I understand. I don’t believe it’s possible to convert page builders to blocks and can’t picture how it would work.

Have you asked these questions to Elementor’s support? They might have a better idea.

Laura

Ok thanks. I have but have not gotten a response yet. I’m asking specifically about Generate Blocks so thought you guys might know.

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Definitely not possible to convert Elementor to GenerateBlocks.

I really can’t picture how that would work.

Laura

Ok thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.