[Resolved] Generate Blocks – A great long Headline and adding text from Word Doc

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generate Blocks – A great long Headline and adding text from Word Doc

Home Forums Support Generate Blocks – A great long Headline and adding text from Word Doc

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Barbara

Hello,

A bit confused adding blocks to my page. I found a GB – A great long heading and want to add this to my home page. I am on the Pages section within WP. Where do I add GB predesigned blocks. Sorry for the total beginner question. I also cannot copy my test into the Headline, it works in a paragraph. Very confused.

BR, Barbara

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

follow these steps:

1. Go to Generateblocks.com > Patterns.
    2. Select and Copy your Pattern eg. A great long heading
    3. In your website page / post editor, add a New Text Block. It MUST be a text block with no content in it.
    4. With the text block selected Paste in your copied pattern.

Barbara

Hi David,

More silly questions…I have the option of text box…and now what do I select? paragraph, heading etc etc

BR, Barbara

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i should have said an empty Paragraph Block:

2022-08-22_13-53-45

You will simply click where it says Type / to choose a block and the CTRL-V Paste the copied pattern.

Barbara

Hello.

Back again, I have tried without success. I am using a MAC and Safari.

1. I have the block copied and says you are good to go
    2. I go to the editor in the page I want (I have also tried in a new page)
    3. created a new text block paragraph
    4. When I try to paste the paste is not active…nothing to copy.

What am I missing?
    BR,Barbara

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Barbara,

Are you referring to a pattern in the GB Pattern Library? You can add that by adding a Pattern Library Block.

Example: https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAuQXEOe

Barbara

Hi Fernando – I do not have the premium version of Generate Blocks. I have the premium version of GP Elements. I understand the GB Pattern library is only available within the editor of the premium version. I am trying to use some of the pre-made library patterns. When I copy it there is nothing for me to paste. I am lost again.

BR, Barbara

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the Pattern Library, try clicking the Copy button a couple of times.

Barbara

Hello…..just sharing an update. The issue related to using a MAC, the copy paste does not work with the MAC, I have solved this now.

BR, Barbara

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for the feedback Barbara and i am glad to hear you got it working.

Curious, as to what method you used ?
    I too work from a Mac, and sometimes i have to click the Copy button a couple of times generally works.

Barbara

Hi David,

It’s all very odd, which I have found can be the case with my MAC sometimes. The only consistent way it works is to copy using the mouse and then use the Safari menu, select edit and paste from the menu. At least it works. So I am happy.

BR, Barbara

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear thats working , and thanks for letting us know – i am sure others may find it useful !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.