[Support request] General WooCommerce Breadcrumbs questions (OOTB or Mathranks)

Home Forums Support [Support request] General WooCommerce Breadcrumbs questions (OOTB or Mathranks)

Home Forums Support General WooCommerce Breadcrumbs questions (OOTB or Mathranks)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nik9

Hi there,

We want to enable breadcrumbs for our WooCommerce archive. We know that we can enable this via this code here:

<?php if ( function_exists( 'woocommerce_breadcrumb' ) ) {
    	woocommerce_breadcrumb(); 
    } ?>

But we also have Mathranks as our SEO plugin. So there is also a way to enable breadcrumbs via this code and plugin setting:

<?php if (function_exists('rank_math_the_breadcrumbs')) rank_math_the_breadcrumbs(); ?>

The first is used in niche theme as default. But is it better for SEO to use the Mathrank breadcrumbs instead of the standard breadcrumbs?

Cheers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i would like to think that Rank Math includes some meta data / JSON-LD schema for the breadcrumb that Woo does not… but i haven’t tested this so cannot say for certain.

nik9

Thanks David! So I guess its maybe better to use the mathrank breadcrumbs. 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah i would go with that 🙂

Kenny Williamson

Allow me to also comment on this post.

I had the woocommerce breadcrumbs enabled via generatepress (customizer) and the woo commerce showed breadcrumbs. Only when i was adding rankmath did i determine that the blog page had no breadcrumbs.
    I tried the rankmath code (on their breadcrumbs setting), which showed the breadcrumbs in the blog pages. Not on woocommerce pages (i disabled woocommerce breadcrumbs via customiser. I also found code for showing breadcrumbs across whole site, this did not work (support article in rankmath).

So the solution i have working is enabled woocommerce breadcrumbs via customiser and added the rankmath code via hook (as per explanation above).
    So basically woocommerce breadcrumbs and rank math on rest of site.
    Couldn’t get it to work with just rank math. adding a comment for others to see i had same problem.

Oliver

Hi!

ich habe beim aktuellen Projekt auch das Problem sowohl RankMath Breadcrumbs bei Seiten und Blog-Beiträgen, als auch WooCommerce Breadcrumbs einzusetzen. Könnt ihr mir einen Snippet liefern, mit dem ich die Schriftfarbe der WooCommerce Breadcrumbs verändern kann?
    Ich finde leider im Customizer keine Möglichkeit zur Farbanpassung für die Breadcrumbs bei WooCommerce. Der Kontrast ist aus Sicht der Barrierefreiheit zu hell momentan.

Danke für eine Info!
    Gruß Oliver

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Oliver,

can you raise a new topic where you can share a link to your site and i will provide the necessary CSS

Oliver

Ja wird gemacht!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.