[Support request] Gen Blocks 1.5 Safari slow, computer resources high

Home Forums Support [Support request] Gen Blocks 1.5 Safari slow, computer resources high

Home Forums Support Gen Blocks 1.5 Safari slow, computer resources high

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Just letting you know I have been replacing core images blocks with the new GP image block and safari became very slow and my computer started revving it’s head off.

Safari Version: Version 15.5 (15613.2.7.1.9, 15613

Latest versions of WP and GP.

Mac OS Catalina, 10.15.7

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i have not noticed that myself ( although i am running Monterey ).

Is it still occurring ?
    Would it be possible to get a login to a page where i can see the back end ?

Ian

Sorry for the late reply, have not been at my computer.

Just tried again by working on an image and it started to rev up again but only got to 30% CPU on that site. I’m going to try on another site that needs the core image replaced with yours and see if it is an issue on that site.

Mean while, I’ve added info for you to login.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Ian,

I tried viewing different pages and posts on your site on Safari – Mac version – Mojave, and I couldn’t seem to replicate the issue. Tried adding a GB Image Block(didn’t save it – just for testing) as well, and there was no slow down.

Is there a specific page of post where you experience this slow down the most? Kindly let us know and we’ll check it out.

Let’s wait for David as well, and see how it goes from his end.

Ian

Hi Fernando,

It was mainly happening on this page. But as mentioned the second time I added some images it was working the Mac fan but not as bad. I have other websites to work on to change the core image blocks so I’ll keep an eye on it and report anything outside of the norm.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ian,

i also tested on MacOS Monterey and there was no real noticeable rise in CPU overhead on that page.
    Let us know if you continue to see the issue, and we can try some tests.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.