[Resolved] GBlocks Pro – Question about HTML output

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GBlocks Pro – Question about HTML output

Home Forums Support GBlocks Pro – Question about HTML output

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alexander

First of all, thank you for making Generateblocks Pro. Having the ability to easily create a local library of global styles for clients to use is really big for me. I am also perfectly fine with the pricing.

Future feature requests:
    Someone else mentioned an accordion and slide. Both I would also find very useful to have in the future.

Now to my question:
    I created a basic container as a global style, adjusted the padding on it and saved it.
    Then I created a new page, made a new container – toggled on global styles and selected “main” (the name of my example container.
    Afterwards I repeated the same steps to insert a 2nd container below it.

Now when I look at the HTML of the page it looks like this:

<div class="gb-container gb-container-8757123f gb-container-main">

<div class="gb-container gb-container-b341b5c8 gb-container-main">

It is still putting out additional code with the unique identifiers. Is this required and working correctly or did I make a mistake?

In the interest of keeping the amount of HTML low, would it be possible to only output the extra class if changes to the block were made on a page level?

Thank you for your awesome work!
    Alex

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thanks for the feedback.
    Additional Blocks are something we’re mindful about adding, but we have some ideas we’re working on!

That looks correct to me.
    All Blocks have to maintain their original unique ID class as this is what allows for block level styling as well as identifying the block in the editor. Removing it i don’t believe is possible, and it adds an unnoticeable amount of weight to the HTML.

Alexander

Hello David!

Thank you for your reply and clarifying it. I knew there was probably a good reason for it.

Cheers!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – really great to see you using the new Pro features 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.