[Resolved] GB Update to 1.1.2

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GB Update to 1.1.2

Home Forums Support GB Update to 1.1.2

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Something very odd just happened. I was building a new site on GB Alpha and just updated it to Version 1.1.2. Something must have happened as all formatting just got borked. Pages are loading with CSS Any ideas on how I can test? There is no caching on this dev site. Thanks.

Ian

As a test, I reinstalled Version 1.2.0-alpha.1 again and all formatting came back to life. So I went ahead and tried updating to GB Version 1.1.2 and all formatting was botched again.

Any ideas on how I can safely upgrade from 1.2.0-alpha.1 to 1.1.2 and keep my development intact?

Ian

More info, when on 1.1.2 and I try to edit one of the existing pages, I see all GB containers show “This block contains unexpected or invalid content.”.

This looks painful. Is there a way to keep my development and move from .2.0-alpha.1 to 1.1.2?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

just to be clear, did you construct content using GP 1.2 Alpha and then replace that with the current 1.1.2 version?

Ian

Hey David,

Yes to your question. Looks like anything with either a Container or a Grid loses all formatting going from GB Alpha 1.2 to 1.1.2. Tried a few things to get things back online but ultimately had to rebuild using 1.1.2.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can’t go from 1.2.0 back to 1.1.2 as the blocks are rendered differently between versions. We’ve switched to dynamic blocks in 1.2.0.

Why are you reverting back to the old version?

Ian

Hey Tom. I reverted from alpha to 1.1.2 as going from alpha to 1.1.2 broke GB grids and GB containers.

I started the build in alpha and thought moving to 1.1.2 would be safe. If I revert back to alpha, formatting stays intact.

So I re-built everything after going to 1.1.2 as I could not figure out why going from alpha to 1.1.2 broke formatting.

Hope that explain things better.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Going from 1.2.0 back to 1.1.x will never work, unfortunately.

What we can do is try to figure out why 1.2.0 isn’t working for you as you’ll want to update eventually.

Is it possible for you to reproduce the issue so I can take a look?

Ian

Sorry for not being more clear. I could not find a fix so I upgraded to 1.1.2 and just rebuilt every page that was broken. Every instance of either GB Container and/or GB Grid was not right so I rebuilt these. Pushing for launch so won’t have time to rollback and test for this one.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, we haven’t had any other reports of that in 1.2.0. Hopefully it was a one-off kind of thing so you’re able to update in the future.

Let me know if you decide to try again, I’d be very grateful to see if it’s a bug we can fix before launch.

Thanks!

Ian

Hi Tom,

I understand. Here is what I did to see if I could replicate the issue. In short, I was on Alpha-1. I then went and downloaded the latest version from the GB site. To be honest, I did not remember what version of Alpha-1 I was running as I just assumed what was on the GB homepage would be a newer version. This could very well be my mistake in trying to go from Alpha-1 to 1.1.2. Maybe Alpha-1 was 1.2?!

In short, I rebuilt everything and just upgraded to Alpha-1.3 using your FB link and nothing broke.

Sorry for all the confusion. I think you can chalk this one up as non-issue.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad to hear that it’s working now! Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.