[Resolved] Gb – Headings. Missing Link?!

Home Forums Support Gb – Headings. Missing Link?!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matthias 4 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matthias

Hi there,

i just wanted to put a link into some headlines – using the gb headline block at first. But there doesnt seem to be an option for that, right?

As i try to use gb headline over the normal headline block i wondered as i saw that the normal block had the link Option.

Is it available in gb and i couldn’t find? If not – here’s a suggestion for another feature.

Edit – hold on a minute: there is a link color…
    Can you help me out there- i seem to be blind :O

Also quick follow up question: can you make a whole container a link-area?

While i am at it – i just wrote an answer to the custom color palette topic.
    This is – in my opinion – also solved better in normal Blocks currently. Meaning: in gb blocks it shows the color picker by default (after selecting what color to change). In normal Blocks the custom color palette. So two clicks more each time 😉 – would be nice to have an option to choose which to show. If you add your custom color palette you wont need the picker.

David Customer Support

Hi there,

the link is in the toolbar:

Highlight the part of the text you want to be the link first.

Matthias

edit – after all ready writing that i feel stupid now i can say:
    yeah it is there BUT:

It happened again:
    i edited a headline – added a link. And when i clicked another container to edit -> the option was gone again.
    After reloading it is back again.

I tried this a few times and it is gone when i do the following:

1.Click Headline
    2. Click paragraph
    3. click Headline -> link button is gone.

and after reload it is back (until you do 1-2-3 again)

if anyone can confirm i take the big bounty of beeing thanked for finding the first official bug 😛

Leo Customer Support

I just tried your steps but don’t see the issue:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/6LchK5Nk

Maybe try disabling your other plugins and make sure there is no conflict somewhere?

Matthias

found the conflicting plugin – and its quite a popular one (if you take the numbers):
    Behaviour occurs as soon as this one is activated (besides gp and gb)

https://wordpress.org/plugins/seo-by-rank-math/

Tom Lead Developer

Hi there,

The block itself specifically says to include a link option, so that means Rank Math is likely filtering the RichText component to remove it in some instances. You may need to report this to them.

Matthias
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.