Celebrating 7 Years! Get up to $30 off GeneratePress Premium!

[Resolved] Future Proofing GP sites in uncertain WP environment

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Future Proofing GP sites in uncertain WP environment

Home Forums Support Future Proofing GP sites in uncertain WP environment

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Aaron

Just want to get some export opinions on how to approach new builds given the impending release of Gutenberg, possible demise of GP Sections and the world of Page Builders.

I’m starting on 3 builds (all currently in discovery/planning). I had been using Elementor for a number of sites and like it but wanted to see what I could do without it and just using GP Headers and Sections. SO I build a simple site with only GP and GPP and it turned out really well.

So I’d like to approach these new builds using only GP and GPP but what will happen when Gutenberg and it’s Sections are released? Will I have to rebuild these sites? Or should I just use GP Headers, fill out the rest of the page with Elementor and hope that E still works once Gutenberg is released so I (again) don’t have to rebuild these sites.

I know so much of this is unknown. But for those of you building lots of sites (and with the whole WP environment being rather uncertain right now), what is the safest approach?

Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Check out Tom’s reply here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/sections-gutenberg-blocks-editor/#post-489637

Let us know if this answers your question.

Aaron

Thanks Leo. Seems Sections is safe until Gutenberg comes out with its own version (when is completely unknown). Also seems like I’d face the same decision if I used a page builder to build sections. So while I’m still not sure what to do, at least I know Tom’s take on things.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m really excited for Sections in Gutenberg. Hopefully they don’t disappoint ๐Ÿ™‚

Aaron

But GPP’s sections are still a good way to go for now?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, they will continue to work. However, you may want to convert them to Gutenberg at some point in the future.

No matter how you choose to build your pages, you may want to switch to Gutenberg when it comes out. The uncertainty kind of comes with WP at the moment as they build it.

Aaron

True. Thanks, Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.