[Resolved] Functions to Make Old Columns work?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Functions to Make Old Columns work?

Home Forums Support Functions to Make Old Columns work?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ian

I am running to an odd issue and was wondering if there is any way we can temporarily add a function to help Gutenberg recognize and display columns from shortcodes. This site has columns in many pages and posts. We want to buy some time to manually fix all of these. By columns, I am pretty these are similar to the ones that were popular when the Genesis Framework first supported columns. This is just a guess but hoping to provide all available info. An example would be:

[column size=one_half position=first]TEXT[/column]

When moving from Classic Editor to Gutenberg, these just display as text on the front end. Are there functions in GP that we can use to make Gutenberg either do not show the column shortcodes or actually display content as columns as originally intended?

Need a little help here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Ian,

Sadly, this shortcode would only work if you have or recreate the code that makes it work from Genesis.

Here’s an article which may help you create enclosed shortcodes: https://diveinwp.com/create-shortcode-in-wordpress-multiple-parameters/#:~:text=Create%20Enclosed%20Shortcodes

Hope this helps!

Ian

Hi Fernando,

I see what you are getting at. Thanks for chiming in!

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Ian!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.