Cyber Week Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Resolved] Full-width site header image

Home Forums Support Full-width site header image

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Dave Walker.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dave Walker

Hi Tom,

I’m trying to add a clickable full-screen-width header image to my site. I managed to achieve this using ‘Background images > Header’, but the image didn’t give a link back to the homepage.

I’m now trying to use a logo image, but there isn’t an option to have it full width as far as I can see. I’ve searched the Support threads and found various bits of CSS you’ve suggested to others, but none seem to work. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave

tenchystryder

Hi Dave. Not sure if this helps but I use a slider in the header area in place of the logo on a site I look after (not GP theme but theory should still work). If you use something like meta slider you can add the link. Of course if you don’t want the slider (ie; motion) then only add one image to the slider. You can also set the slider dimensions to the image you wish to use.

Quick fix, not very difficult to acheive and gets the result you may be looking for.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

To make your header image full width, you can try this CSS:

.inside-header.grid-container {
        max-width: 100%;
    }
    Dave Walker

Hi tenchystryder,

Thank you – I’d rather do things through the Generatepress admin if possible, but I’ll keep this in mind.

Dave

tenchystryder

That’s fine Dave fully understood. Just something I have used I thought might come in handy for you or somebody else. 🙂

Dave Walker

Hi Tom,

I haven’t been able to make this work unfortunately – I’m not sure why. The header still isn’t full width.

I’ve tried to post a link here on the forum, but my replies aren’t showing up…

Thanks,
    Dave

Kenneth Hinson

Hey Dave

You may want to load the Child Theme along with the regular GeneratePress Theme making the Child your active theme.

Once you do, you can drop that code Tom sent you right inside the CSS page for the Child Theme and it will take care of your problem.

I started using the child theme a few months ago and it’s made life a whole lot simplier

Hope this helps.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, Kenneth!

Alternatively, you can use our new CSS plugin: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/simple-css

Can you confirm that it’s not working even with the CSS added?

Dave Walker

Tom – all working now, thank you. No idea why it didn’t before – maybe I absentmindedly copied the code wrongly or something.

Kenneth – thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It could have been cached 🙂

Glad it’s working now!

Dave Walker

That’s kind of you, but I did reload the cache several times. Suspecting user error this end… 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.