[Resolved] Full-width section

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Full-width section

Home Forums Support Full-width section

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Hi,

I’m using GeneratePress along with GenerateBlocks but still getting horizontal scroll when using a full-width block. I was under the impression that using Generateblocks would resolve this or will I still need to use the overflow-x CSS fix?.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m seeing Kadence block mixed in there as well.

Do you know which block is causing the issue specifically?

Andy

Hi,

I’ve removed the Kadence Block now. It happens when you make any block full-width, I’m using the GenerateBlocks Section block set to full-width for the full-width image and the full-width purple section.

This also use to happen when sertting the native cover block to full-width but I read somewhere that Tom said using his new GenerateBlocks section should avoid the issue. Also tried setting the Page Builder option to full-width, but that didn’t help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the AlignFull and AlignWide options displayed on a blocks toolbar are a terribly hackish way to make elements extend the full width of the screen. They work, until you start adding content within that may increase the elements width.

Best method is to NOT USE them.
    Instead set your Page Builder Container to Full Width.
    Then slice up your page using the Container Block. You can set them to be Full Width or Contained from the Settings Sidebar. Just do not use them with toolbar options.

Andy

I’ve just tried turning off the AlignFull options on the sections and just used the full-width options in the block settings, but still getting the horizontal scroll unfortunately.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m still seeing Kadence block there which is a bit difficult identify what’s going on.

David’s suggestion should work though.

Are you able to determine which block is causing the issue by temporarily removing some of them?

We’ve been using full-width blocks for quite a few sites in the library

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Andy

Sorry guys, I’d left some negative margins on one of the blocks, all working fine now!.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.