[Resolved] Full width image below header with sections

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Full width image below header with sections

Home Forums Support Full width image below header with sections

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    john

My desire to have a full width image in the 1st section below the header is complicated by the fact that I have a sidebar. This is on my home page and I currently have the following code:

add_filter( ‘generate_sections_sidebars’,’generate_enable_sections_sidebars’ );
    function generate_enable_sections_sidebars()
    { return true; }

Is it possible to position the sidebar to begin after the first section?

Sections are great! I’m using hide-on-mobile and hide-on-desktop classes to give mobile viewers a summary version of info presented on the desktop. With sections, I can position sidebars towards the top of the scroll rather that way down at the end of a post without sections. Are there any articles or tips about this type of layout? Thanks!

john

SOLVED! It took me a while to get a clear picture of how these fantastic plugins integrate with each other.

Using Lightweight Grid Columns, I simulated sidebars by inserting a category list or other shortcode into a column. Here’s what I did:

Section 1: full width background image, darkened with background color, text color white.

Section 2: 20& wide column with shortcode (I created a list of links using Max Mega Menu)
    80% wide column with text content

This was for home page only. Posts have a traditional sidebar where I customize each post by inserting certain widgets as needed using Dynamic Widgets.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you found the solution!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.