[Resolved] full width header / logo merged with navigation not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] full width header / logo merged with navigation not working

Home Forums Support full width header / logo merged with navigation not working

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Irmgard

Hi there,
    I am using GP – Premium Addons to merge a transparent header with the navigation bar, according to this documentation https://docs.generatepress.com/article/transparent-header-and-navigation/
    Elements are activated, but the options, marked in orange, to upload the images are not available for me.
    All I want is a 100% width logo / image (1920 x 300 px) merged with the navigation (float right side) for all post pages – and which looks good on all devices.
    If I upload the logo in the customizer it is not 100 % full width, if I use background header image, I don’t get it merged either, besides I can’t get it look good on mobile.

Kind of frustrated now, that I do not get it work :-(.
    I cannot send you a link of the site, as the site is only locally installed.

Hope you can help me, to get it work the easiest way. Thanks in advance.
    Kind regards,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Header Element logo options are for swapping an existing logo.
    So unless you have a logo set in the Customizer those options will not be displayed.

If you want this logo image behind the Navigation then add it as a Background Image in the Header Element.

Irmgard

Hi David,

first thanks for your quick answer. I have added the image as background image and adjusted the padding in the header customizer so that it is visible.
    But I want the navigation bar merged with this image. Now there is a white background behind the navigation bar and I can put the navigation above or below the image, but not right floating.
    How can I merge the image and the navigation.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
    Rgds,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you added the Background image in Customizer > Backgrounds > Header then you can set the Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation –> Navigation Location to Float Right. This will place it within the Site Header

Irmgard

Hi again,
    I did that, but it doesn’t work.
    The color of the navigation bar is still white, I need to have it transparent then.
    Another problem is, that with my image I need to do following padding header settings:
    116 / 40 / 58 / 40. Due to this, the navigation is aligned not in the middle, but almost on the bottom of the header image.
    Any idea? Thanks for your help.

Irmgard

Hi David,
    managed to set up a Page Hero merging with the navigation which works perfectly on desktop.
    But I still need some help with the mobile version.
    How can I set up a different header for the mobile version without merging the navigation? In the elements setting, I chose in “Site Header” – merging only for desktop. I also uploaded there a different logo for the mobile header. But it didn’t work. Please help me.
    Or do I need to open a new topic?
    Thx for your help. Rgds

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you’re making some progress.
    Difficult to say whats up without being able to see the site. But lets try ๐Ÿ™‚

In Customizer > Layout > Header – do you have the Mobile Header enabled ?

Irmgard

Hi David,

I enabled in Customizer the mobile header, but it seems that the header elements ” background image merged with navigation” overwrites this. It is always the same background image.
    Tried also following solution, which I found here without success:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-to-set-hero-page-on-mobile/

In the header elements, the first option on site header is – merge with content – hear I chose only for desktop (hope translation is ok, I have the German version).

I want the background image merged with navigation only on desktop. For mobile I need a different logo without merging the navigation.

If this is not possible with GP Premium, please let me know. As I want to introduce the Theme to a Vet on Friday, which want to set up a homepage with WordPress, I should get it work by then. Otherwise I will show him only the GP Free version.

Thank you for your help. Rgds,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you share a screenshot of Desktop and what the issue is with Mobile?
    I think there is some confusion between Logo and Background Image ๐Ÿ™‚

Irmgard

Hi David,

just sent you a screenshot (link). But my message does not show up here.

Hope you received it, please let me know if not.

Thx

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you upload it using a service like this and provide the direct links here?
    https://postimages.org/

Irmgard

Hi David, thanks for your support. As the vet wants to have a different style of header without merging navigation, I will leave the topic at the moment. Anyway thank you for your great help and support.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.