[Support request] Full width for existing content

Home Forums Support [Support request] Full width for existing content

Home Forums Support Full width for existing content

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David

I am switching a clients site from an old theme to GP and have also turned off Visual Composer (and removed all the short codes)

There are quite a few pages – I am using re-usable containers to aid the editing required to make the changes

So my specific issue at present is that I have existing content on a page, I click ‘Convert to Blocks’ for the existing content, and that processes OK (BTW: That does not work on Chrome, had to switch to Firefox!).

I then add some reusable columns, set it to full width, but the whole page does not go full width.
    Any ideas ?
    Link to the page I am currently working on:

Cheers, Dave

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Appearance > Elements – do you have a Layout element added to your site? If so – edit it and check if it has a Content Width set. If it does you will want to exclude the pages your want to be full width from the layout elements display rules

David

Thanks for getting back David,

No, only have 1 element that I created to turn off page titles.
    And I can make containers I add go full width!

Could it be that the default content is not in a container ?
    There is also the option to Group, I’m playing around with that!
    If I need to put everything in a container, it will be a fair amount of work, but I’ll push on, it’s not a major thing at this stage

Cheers, Dave

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you sure there is no value in the Layout Elements > Content > Content Width ?
    If none is showing can you add a value, publish the changes, then delete the value and publish again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.