[Resolved] Full size post thumbnail

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Full size post thumbnail

Home Forums Support Full size post thumbnail

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dmendana.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dmendana

Hi! First of all, I’m really loving this theme! Plenty of hooks make adding stuff really simple, and the CSS is really clean and can be overridden without ugly stuff like !important.

I’m using the Masonry option from the blog plugin and I’m having a problem: the thumbnails load in full size, and I’m using some pretty big images. This will probably be bad for usability and SEO.

I would like to change the thumbnail size to something smaller but, if possible, I’d prefer to do it with some hook, instead of creating a new template in my child theme. But I’m not familiar enough with hooks (especially filters). While I have been able to add the new small thumbnail by hooking into generate_before_content, I don’t know how to remove the original one.

Would you have any suggestion to help me?

Thanks for this great theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you taken a look at “Customize > Blog > Post Images”? You can resize the post images to whatever size you like from inside the Customizer, no hooks or templates needed πŸ™‚

Glad you’re enjoying the theme!

dmendana

Oh. It’s true. For some reason I thought that would simply change the display size, but loading the same file, and I didn’t test it. Thanks!

Now that I have your attention πŸ˜‰ I’d like to suggest a grid layout option for the blog. I have been able to torture Masonry into a grid, but it’s not really elegant.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Grid as in display the posts in columns with equal heights?

Let me know πŸ™‚

dmendana

Yes, exactly that: columns and rows of equal width and height. Thumbnails perfectly aligned.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can definitely see that as a future Blog add-on feature πŸ™‚

dmendana

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.