[Resolved] Frontpage Posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Frontpage Posts

Home Forums Support Frontpage Posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric

I have been searching around the last couple of days with no concrete answer. I have set a static front page how I would like it setup but would like to have my recent posts show up between the sidebars. I can’t figure if I should try to customize the default “Recent Posts” page (unsure how to go about that without screwing everything up) or try to add code into a hook for my static page (unsure what code to use). So far I have been able to figure out most everything except this. Would anyone have recommendations/experience on the best way to do this with this theme? Thanks!

The site is at nsata.org/beta (still have a lot of work to do as I want to make sure I have the framework before I drag everything over from our Drupal install!) An idea of what I want to achieve is at nsata.org. Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Instead of setting your front page as a static page, set it to display your latest posts.

You can do that in “Settings > Reading”.

Setting it to display your latest posts will show excerpts from your blog posts between your sidebars.

Let me know if this helps or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Eric

Thanks for the reply! I have tried that but cannot seem to get both sidebars to show up. Is that just a limitation of the theme or am I missing something?

Eric

Nevermind, I’m dumb…figured it out! Thanks again!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you figured it out ๐Ÿ™‚

For others reading, there’s 3 different sidebar layout options:

Page Sidebar Layout: For standard pages
    Blog Sidebar Layout: For the blog/archives
    Single Sidebar Layout: For individual blog posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.