[Resolved] Frontpage different layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Frontpage different layout

Home Forums Support Frontpage different layout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    imke

Hallo Tom,
    how can I create the frontpage different (css) to the other pages and all are included in the main menue. At the frontpage I want to have a big picture which also appears behind the menue.
    Shall I place a blog as front page?
    How do I connect the menue then?
    I guess, I can create css in the child-theme I’ve already connected.
    But I don’t have any clue to handle this. I can’t create php.
    Thanks for helping,
    Imke

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not completely sure what you mean – do you have any examples of what you’re trying to do?

Are you trying to get a different header background image on the homepage than the other pages?

imke

Hello,

my problem is on the frontpage having the header-logo fixed with its full length and max-height 80px, underneath the main-navigation without any bg. Now I want a picture fullsize, underneith the navi, too, but it doesn’t work, because I cannot add the picture full size in the background. And this all
    1. only just for this page
    2. underneath the main-navi!
    ??
    The other thing is, that I’d like to add buttons to the footer. Am I doing this in html?
    I can’t edit the footer like the other parts, can I?

Another question. Somehow I can’t use the apps. Thea don`t react. Iam also using a childtheme. How do I manage this??

still struggling,
    Imke

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried our Page Header add-on? Does it do what you’re trying to achieve?: http://generatepress.com/downloads/generate-page-header/

It allows you to set an image/content below your menu on specific pages.

You can use the footer widgets to add HTML to the footer in “Appearance > Widgets” – simply drag a “Text” widget into one of the footer areas, and add your HTML.

If you want to add HTML to where the copyright section is, you can use our Copyright add-on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.