[Support request] Front page render for mobile and not desktop when using desktop

Home Forums Support Front page render for mobile and not desktop when using desktop

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Johanna

Hi,

Our front page is broken when using chrome, all other pages are fine. It looks good in other browsers.
    It looks like it’s rendering the page for mobile and not desktop.

The problem is that i don’t know when the problem started since i don’t use chrome by default.

What should I do?

Johanna

I just noticed the problem is found on all browsers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

first can you go to Dashboard > Settings > GenerateBlocks and Regenerate the CSS.
    Then clear your browser cache.
    IF still an issue change the CSS Print method to inline.

This should update the GB layout CSS.

Johanna

Hello!

Thanks for getting back to me!

I tried to do both, but it didn’t help.

I have no idea of what i should do

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There are several 404 errors for stylesheets and other network requests coming from the CDN.
    Which CDN are you using ?

Johanna

We have Microsoft Azure

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have any control over its settings – does it have a cache that can be cleared ?

Johanna

I’m trying to get hold of our guy that knows a bit more about our CDN, hopefully he can take a look at it, I guess that’s causing this problem.

Referring back to the instructions you gave me earlier: “IF still an issue change the CSS Print method to inline.”

should i change back to the other option?–> CSS Print Method External file. If this wasn’t the solution to our issue

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah CDN’s can be a pain especially if the site is migrated over to there. I’ll pass this onto Tom as he may have some insight.

External CSS file is more performant – but in some setups, such as heavily cached sites, it can create a problem. Inlining is therefore a good way to test if it is a caching issue.

Johanna

Yes we just switched to WordPress from squarespace 2 days ago, so it can have something to do with that.

Thanks for all your help! Really appreciate it!

Br,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah could be a DNS thing waiting to propagate.
    Let us know how you get on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.