[Resolved] Front page header z-index

Home Forums Support Front page header z-index

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hi
    Sorry but this probably super simple. I use a front-page hero header as per your instruction guide.
    On my front page (alone) I have an issue when scrolling down and then back up a particular section (full page CTA further down the page as created through kioken blocks as a reusable block) scrolls on top of rather than underneath the menu. This only happens on the home page where I use the header and not on inner page (eg about page). I assume that this is something to do with a z-index or something like that but am not entirely sure what changes to make to the front page header code to fix this.
    Appreciate your help

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

tricky one as the rotation transformation on kioken element creates a new z-index layer that is no longer relative to its parent container. So it now sits in front of everything on the page. Normally we could use some relative positioning of the parent containers to get around this but i can’t see a workaround.

Personally i would drop the animation. A lot of them are poorly executed causing the scripts to run continuously even after they are loaded and animations are complete – this leads to a excessive CPU load and energy consumption – which may lead to bad performance on lower end devices.

Jason

Thanks David, appreciate the help and insight.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

you’re welcome – sorry i couldn’t provide a fix 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.