[Resolved] Front end file upload limited to 2MB?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Front end file upload limited to 2MB?

Home Forums Support Front end file upload limited to 2MB?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Edward

I have installed a plugin to my for my customer to upload a file related to a purchase. I will be making custom art related to the file uploaded. I am receiving errors when attempting to have a customer upload a file size greater than 2MB. I find that the iphone 7 jpg file size is around 4MB. Is there any way to increase this file size to 5MB, or even 8MB? The 2MB files are currently coming through to my site attached to the order. I will save the images onto my computer and delete them from the site to lighten the data load on the website. Is there any reason whey I would not allow a file upload size as high as 8 or 10MB? The site is Joemadethat.com
    Thanks for any help! Joe (Edward)

Edward

I see the solution posted on WP Beginner, http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-the-maximum-file-upload-size-in-wordpress/ and I added the suggested code to the GP child theme functions.php file, @ini_set( ‘upload_max_size’ , ’64M’ );
    @ini_set( ‘post_max_size’, ’64M’);
    @ini_set( ‘max_execution_time’, ‘300’ );

I am guessing such a solution is intended to allow larger plugin uploads and larger front end customer file uploads? I have not had any luck yet, i tried saving the functions file with the code pasted into various areas of the file. Can anyone tell me if this should work by pasting into a certain area of the the child theme, or do I have to alter the functions file of the parent theme?
    Thx

Edward

I was able to resolve this and bump the upload max limit to 32MB by going into my PHP Versions setting in my cPanel hosting, and bumping the max Post size to 32MB. Thanks Leo for your efforts.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out!

Bulut

I don’t want to blame anybody but the codes that i copied from Edward broke my Website(first time) then i realized the codes on wpbeginner has different quotes πŸ™ But always for everything there is a first time :)) Now i upload first time my backup files, i hope everything will be fine…

Update after 30 min. :

The codes from Wpbeginner also broke my Website :D. That’s horrible… even when i delete the code back, Website stays still broken πŸ™ Now i loose again half an hour :@

Update after 1 hour :

I managed it with my C-panel in PHP settings and my Website still works πŸ˜€ Finally!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.