[Support request] From Astra Theme to GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Support request] From Astra Theme to GeneratePress

Home Forums Support From Astra Theme to GeneratePress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen

Hi, I’m currently using Astra theme and was so impressed with the Generate Blocks Plugin that I thought I’d try the GeneratePress Premium theme on my test website

I have a few problems:
    – There seems to be only 2 breakpoints, mobile & desktop while Astra has 3.
    Is something you will change in the future?
    – When I select sticky header desktop, the sticky header is entirley different to the normal header and I just want the normal header made sticky.
    – In Astra I have footer 1 rw 4 col desktop, 2rw 4 col tablet, 4 rw 1 col mobile but in Generate Press it goes straight from 1 rw 4 col to 1 col 4 row when I want the 2 x 2 footer for tablet.

Is it best for someone like me who doesnt want to fiddle with CSS to stick with Astra or is there easy ways to replicate what I get on Astra with Generate Press

My current Astra / GenerateBlocks site is https://www.slservice.net

Thanks
    Stephen

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Glad to have you here! πŸ™‚

– There seems to be only 2 breakpoints, mobile & desktop while Astra has 3.

Yeah I remember Astra having min-width: 1200px (desktop), 993px-1200px, 769px-992px and 768px.

GP has something similar which are min-width: 1025px (desktop), 769px – 1024px (tablets and smaller desktops), and 768px (mobile).

Astra has is niche viewports. GeneratePress uses the most common ones.

Is something you will change in the future?

It has worked for most users so I don’t think this will be changed anytime soon.

– When I select sticky header desktop, the sticky header is entirley different to the normal header and I just want the normal header made sticky.

Yeah it shrinks down to give more viewable space for the contents of the site. If you prefer it to not shrink down, we’ll have to do it w/ custom CSS.

– In Astra I have footer 1 rw 4 col desktop, 2rw 4 col tablet, 4 rw 1 col mobile but in Generate Press it goes straight from 1 rw 4 col to 1 col 4 row when I want the 2 x 2 footer for tablet.

GP Premium allows you to create your own layout with GenerateBlocks using Block Elements. I highly suggest testing this out. It’s Tom’s take on making a page template using the default block editor. πŸ™‚

As for the footer specifically, you can set the Block Element’s type to “Site Footer”. This option will replace the default theme footer with the layout you’ll be creating with GenerateBlocks within the Block Element. πŸ˜€

Here’s a sample video of it in action on other parts of the site (using Block Element – Content Template)

Is it best for someone like me who doesnt want to fiddle with CSS to stick with Astra or is there easy ways to replicate what I get on Astra with Generate Press

You can test all the GP Premium features first. All the things not within the UI are done with custom CSS.

You can ask us about specifics, and if you feel that the things you want to do required more custom CSS than UI settings then it’s up to you if Astra is the way to go. πŸ™‚

Stephen

Very helpful thanks.

I’ll see what I can do following your advice.

Stephen

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Glad to be of any help. Feel free to ask questions if you have more. πŸ˜€

You can ask here or on the official GeneratePress Facebook Group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1113359788719597

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.