[Support request] FOUT with a pretty fast site

Home Forums Support [Support request] FOUT with a pretty fast site

Home Forums Support FOUT with a pretty fast site

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Leon

Hello there. I have two sites that are using the Wired template:
    When I pull up these sites, the menu at the top of the page both show the wrong color and font for a brief moment before the correct font and color is resolved. The sites are quite fast and the fonts are served locally so it should not be a problem, but yet it is visible, at least to me.

I am using flying press caching and serving the pages using cloud flare. Is it possible that your dynamic caching is conflicting somehow? Should I turn that off? Or is there something else going on that you can point me to?

Thank you

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Leon,

The sites are quite fast and the fonts are served locally so it should not be a problem, but yet it is visible

Locally hosting fonts doesn’t mean the browser doesn’t need to download the fonts, depends on how fast your server and local internet are, I would say it’s quite normal.

If you want to improve this, you can ask the browser to preload the fonts, for more info:
    https://web.dev/codelab-preload-web-fonts/

The color issue seems caused by the cache, can you disable the cache plugin you are using to test?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.