[Resolved] Formatting of New Pages in Wordsmith

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Formatting of New Pages in Wordsmith

Home Forums Support Formatting of New Pages in Wordsmith

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Elaine

I am using the Generate Press Wordsmith theme and have run into a problem when creating new pages. Existing pages (home, about, contact) can easily be adapted and the feature image changed to full width formatting. However, the featured image does not behave the same way when creating a new page; instead it acts like a standalone image. Can anyone shed light on why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Wordsmith has 2 GP Page Headers. One called Home (for home page) and one called Featured Image.
    For new page’s you can either set them individually from the Layout Meta box that will be at the bottom of the page editor. Just look for Page Headers.

Or you can assign that header to all Pages, via the Dashboard > Page Headers > Global Locations.

Elaine

Hi David,

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to sort it. After leaving this message last night, I ran into a further problem when I updated the menu to add a new page. This caused all of the Featured Images on all of the pages (except Home) to switch to isolated pictures rather than full width photos. When I change the Page Headers at the bottom of the page editor to Featured Image, it reverts the old pages to the correct Featured Image, but the menu bar then overlaps the image when mousing over it. The new pages stay as isolated images despite changing the setting to Featured Image. I am using Generate Press with Elementor, and I believe both have recently had updates; could this be causing the problem?

Thanks,
    Elaine

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Elaine, this is quite peculiar. I can’t see what would be causing that within GP. Can we do some debugging and test to see if there a plugin conflict by disabling other plugins?

Elaine

Hi, that will be absolutely fine, thanks. Is there anything you need me to do?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Elaine, can you test out #1 here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Elaine

Hi David, unfortunately I still have the problem when all plug-ins are disabled.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Elaine, would you be able to provide us with backend access? If you can set up a new user, and send the details via the Account form here:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please place a link to this topic in the comments.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Elaine,

i think the problem is that the Content field in the page header, literally, lost its content. Without it the page header doesn’t work. Can you just copy and paste the following into the Featured Image Page Header content area and publish:

<span><!---- comment ----></span>

Its just an empty tag with html comment, so it won’t display but will stop this from happening.

Let me know

Elaine

Thanks for all your help, that seems to have done it!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that worked!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.