[Resolved] Formatting Lost With Updates

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Formatting Lost With Updates

Home Forums Support Formatting Lost With Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mary Pearson

I’ve lost a lot of the custom css formatting on several of my sites with the latest updates including width/padding of sub-menus, padding of footer, spacing between footer widgets, etc.

Example at https://caribecampo.com/

/* Description “Sosua, DR” – Add Shadow */
    .site-description {
    text-align: center;
    color: #d44f00;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; }

The colour should be an orange/red, not default of gray. I’ve deleted cache and tried it in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

I have been able to fix the others as I go along, although I haven’t figured out a fix for this one yet, but thought perhaps I should mention it to you. It may be more noticeable to me because I have so many sites that are using GP theme and Premium.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hard for me to tell because you have WP Rocket activated.

Can you clear the WP Rocket cache and deactivate the plugin, then let me know?

From what I can see, WP Rocket is taking your CSS and adding it above the defaults.css file, meaning the defaults are more important than your child CSS. You can fix this by simply making your CSS more specific.

Mary Pearson

OMG you are brilliant! As soon as I de-activated WP-Rocket the colour came back. Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You might be able to configure WP Rocket to display your child theme CSS after the other CSS so it’s more important.

Mary Pearson

The site isn’t that big. I’ve just de-activated it for this one. I don’t think it will make a big difference. Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem.

For anyone else having issues with their caching plugin, I just made a change that should force your child theme style.css to show up after defaults.css: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/commit/d6ee5b368628a9af54afc97ca3464715ab4c14b9

This will be in the next update.

Thanks!

Mary Pearson

Awesome! Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Mary – do you think you could do something for me as I don’t have access to WP Rocket + your specific settings?

If you don’t have time, that’s totally ok.

If you do, can you go to Appearance > Editor and open the Theme Function (functions.php) file? Or you can do it via FTP if you’re more comfortable.

Find:

wp_enqueue_style( 'generate-child', get_stylesheet_uri(), true, filemtime( get_stylesheet_directory() . '/style.css' ), 'all' );

And replace it with:

wp_enqueue_style( 'generate-child', get_stylesheet_uri(), array( 'generate-style' ), filemtime( get_stylesheet_directory() . '/style.css' ), 'all' );

Then re-activate WP Rocket and clear the cache.

Same issue?

Mary Pearson

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you Tom. We had some internet problems here.

Of course I am delighted to help in any way I possible can. You have been so generous to me with your time.

I did exactly as you requested and everything is working tickety-boo! Awesome! Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! Are all of the WP Rocket settings the same as before? Things don’t seem to be minified in the source like they were before?

Mary Pearson

I didn’t make any changes to the wp-rocket plugin. I just use it out of the box.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange – any chance you can clear the cache inside the plugin?

Really appreciate your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Mary Pearson

I did clear the cache inside the plugin before I wrote to you. I cleared it and browser cache both.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting. I’m glad it’s working now – thanks for testing with me! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mary Pearson

Anytime Tom!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.