[Support request] Formatting blog lists

Home Forums Support [Support request] Formatting blog lists

Home Forums Support Formatting blog lists

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rajjj

Hi Team,

How do I have my blog list with a small image on the left side with an excerpt on the right?
    I have provided the links of what I am looking for below.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you using the Block Editor ?

rajjj

I am using the default editor that I get with the GP theme, I dont have any other page builders.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

First off, you need to upload featured image for every post.

Once it’s done, you can enable the featured images for archives/blog at customizer > layout > blog > featured image.

Make sure the blog module is activated at appearance > blog.

Then we can provide some CSS to make it work.

rajjj

What is the image length and width that I need to stick to for featured images?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The size of images you choose is up to you. Just make sure all images use the same size.
    For some guidance set yourself a maximum width, based on where the image will be displayed.

For example, will you display the featured image on the Single Post? And if so where would it be displayed and how wide woul you require it. eg. inside the post content. Then 1100px will do.

rajjj

Once I have a featured image on the post, how do I get to show it on the left side along with the excerpt like the link below?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Go to Customizer > Layout > Blog

1. Disable the Columns.

2. Under Featured Images > Archives set, the Location to Below Title and the Media Attachment size to Medium

Once thats done, and you have a featured image attached to your posts, let me know and ill provide the CSS to match that layout.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.