[Resolved] formating off after going live

Home Forums Support [Resolved] formating off after going live

Home Forums Support formating off after going live

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Liana Ghazarian

I went from localhost to live today and all the formatting, also the ones specific to generatepress are gone. I notice now there was an option to export generate press settings, but I didn’t do it before migrating to the new hosting. I cannot connect to my old localhost site with its dashboard, only to myphpadmin. Is there a way to recover my generatepress settings? Or will I have to change everything manually?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Liana,

How did you transfer the site from your localhost to your server? If you moved the database over (which you would have to in order to bring your content over), all of your GeneratePress settings would have come with.

Liana Ghazarian

I exported the SQL file from myPHP. Since the file was too big, i uploaded it via filezilla into my hosting directory. There was a wordpress database there and then the technician did the import of the sql file (I don’t know why, but when i imported the zipped SQL file, the plugins were there, but no posts were present) . After that, i could log in to the site, but with the problem of formatting.

Liana Ghazarian

ok, so apparently, the sql file that is created when i do the export is missing some elements. It is not complete. I will try to understand what is going on.I am glad to know it has nothing to do with me not doing generatepress export specifically.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This plugin may be helpful: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

It does everything for you when it comes to moving WordPress.

Liana Ghazarian

I wish I knew about it earlier. I have no idea how to go back to localhost now

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you delete your localhost database after exporting it? Unless you specifically deleted it, it should all still be there.

Liana Ghazarian

I didn’t delete it. It is still there. I tried to modify the config.php file on my hard drive, putting // ** MySQL settings – You can get this info from your web host ** //
    /** The name of the database for WordPress */
    define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘Real name as seen in php admin’);

/** MySQL database username */
    define(‘DB_USER’, ‘root’);

/** MySQL database password */
    define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘root’);

/** MySQL hostname */
    define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘localhost’);

But it is not working.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How did you export your SQL? You can’t still just login to your localhost?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.