[Support request] Format problems on smartphone screen

Home Forums Support [Support request] Format problems on smartphone screen

Home Forums Support Format problems on smartphone screen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kangamama

Hi everyone,

I created this website using the Generate Press theme and also using SiteOrigin site builder.

A couple of months ago, something changed and the Hero images on the site no longer sized down for the smartphone display. The site is http://www.rockinldranch.org

The strange thing is, the backup domain that is pointed to the site, http://www.rockinldranch.com sizes perfectly. The only thing that is different that I can think of is the .com site has no ssl certificate. Can that cause problems?

Also, if it is an SSL certificate issue, GoDaddy also has an ssl certificate listed on the .org domain (but not the .com) Can a site having two cause a problem? She purchased it before we moved the site over to Siteground. Siteground offers a LetsEncrypt SSL for free. But if I remove the LetsEncrypt SSL on Siteground, Google Chrome tells me there is no certificate.

Any idea what this might be? I am a content writer who occasionally will build a site from the front end for local businesses. I don’t code beyond putting a few snippets here and there when I am told to

Thanks in advance.

kangamama

Here are screenshots of the difference

1st pic (.com)

1st picture

2nd pic (.org)

2nd picture

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It seems the mobile mode wasn’t kicking in on the .com domain for some reason, which is why things looked the same as on desktop. Of course, not having a mobile site will hurt your search engine rankings, so it’s best to stick with the mobile site.

On mobile, the images are being cut off because they’re background images. As the browser gets smaller, the background image will cut itself off if the aspect ratio doesn’t match.

One thing you can try is adding the static images to the slider, instead of using them as background images.

Let me know if this helps or not 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.