[Resolved] forefront(child) theme responsive problem(?)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] forefront(child) theme responsive problem(?)

Home Forums Support forefront(child) theme responsive problem(?)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    george kafantaris

ok,heres a dumb question for ya πŸ™‚

im using the forefront(gp child theme)which should be responsive as far as i know,but for some reason when the website is viewed on a mobile(at least on my iphone)instead of it being scaled down to view properly,it is shown kinda like a “list”(?) like every item on the page is shown under the other.

is that supposed to happen or what?maybe im too dumb to figure it out,but ive only been using WP a couple days now,so please be gentle πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds about right – when you size down to a certain screen size, elements stack on each other to increase the reading area of the content area. Sidebars move below the content as they’re not as important, and so on.

Let me know if that’s what you’re talking about πŸ™‚

george kafantaris

ok,yeah that makes sense πŸ™‚ i was just worried that i was doing somethin wrong.lol

btw, there is a “similar” problem which i noticed tonight.got a friend to look at the site and although i have set a “body” background image,on his laptop screen (and even on my desktop when i resize the window) i get a green bar (which is the color i had set as background before i got the addon)

this is only visible on my desktop when i resize the window but on the friends laptop its always there.
    is there anything i can do to fix that?…

thank u very much for ur help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

One reason the background color would show behind the background image is if the background image isn’t spanning the entire area of your screen.

One fix is to set the background size to “cover”, which will cover the screen no matter how large.

george kafantaris

yeah thats what i thought,but changing the setting doesent make a difference.it seems to do so at first glance,but when i resize the window i can see the green color at places.plus it doesent seem to apply globaly.
    for example,on the second page where theres more pictures uploaded it gets green where the bg picture ends.
    thats only “solved” if i choose the repeat setting.
    i dont mind that too much cause i like the look,but still when i resize the window some green appears at the bottom of the first page.

maybe i should give u the link so u can have a quick look and see what i mean exactly…(?)
    if thats not too much trouble…
    here it is: georgekafantaris.com

in any case thank u very much for ur help!
    i shoulda posted this on the addon thread cause its offtopic here i guess…
    maybe thats supposed to happen and its just my ignorance that makes it a problem.lol

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is there any way for me to see it on a website? I should be able to pinpoint the issue easily if I can see it πŸ™‚

Let me know.

george kafantaris

ofcourse there is!
    have a look πŸ™‚
    try resizing the window or even zooming through the browser.
    also note how it takes a few miliseconds for the background image to load when you first hit the website.(tho maybe thats normal,im not sure).

heres the link
    http://www.georgekafantaris.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m experiencing any green using two big screens.

What browser are you using?

If you’re using a full screen background image, you should set the “attachment” option to “fixed”, so it doesn’t try to cover vertically on long pages.

Let me know if that fixes the issue for you πŸ™‚

george kafantaris

okaaay! that was simple.lol πŸ™‚
    im using IE at the moment.(i know,i know… lol)

i had seen that option and i tried it,but for some reason i thought the other options should have worked as well.lol

yes it works fine now thank you πŸ˜‰

is there a link or a thread somewhere where i can find some more information on those options?
    like which does what?
    cause its not always obvious to me when i just “try and see”.
    like a manual or something for the addons.if not ill just have to google stuff i guess πŸ™‚

anyway,problem solved πŸ™‚ thank you very much!
    ill try to research stuff abit more before i open a new topic here πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I definitely need to create a writeup or a video on the Backgrounds addon, as it’s a little more complicated than the others.

Will as soon as I get a minute πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.