Home Forums Support Footers

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    yeswolf

Do you know how I can use my Updraft Plus backups to restore them maybe?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You were displaying different widgets on different pages? Or?

Was it this topic I helped you in? Or a different topic?

yeswolf

You helped me to put a different article in the right hand column on every page. I don’t remember the details. Now all those articles have vanished and all it says there is “archive”. I do have Updraft Plus backups in my email but I don’t how to install them so everything comes back. I don’t know if you sent me a widget or a plugin or what. It might have been a different topic, which I cannot find right now because the system closed it.

yeswolf

I have thought about this and I am pretty sure it was a widget and that each of the articles appeared on my widget page. Light weight grid columns maybe, or something else. I have no idea why they disappeared and I need them back. Hope you can help me.

yeswolf

Tom, I have found all the missing articles in my widgets — they are all at the bottom of the widget page now each listed as “inactive sidebar”. I need help figuring out how I get them to go back to the pages they were on. You had helped me with putting them on the page when I originally did it but I don’t remember what we did. Whatever it was, it allowed me to put a different sidebar in the right column of every page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If the widgets are inactive, you’ll need to drag and drop them back into their respective widget areas on the right.

If you have widgets set to specific pages, you were likely using a plugin like Content Aware Sidebars or Widget Context. Those kinds of plugins allow you to specify which widgets show up where.

yeswolf

Tom, you are correct that it was Content Aware Sidebars. For some reason that plugin is gone — it’s just not there — but when I try to reinstall it, it won’t let me because it says that “folder already exists”. When I search for it on my plugin page, it says no plugin for Content Aware Sidebars. So it won’t let me pull my inactive sidebars back over to the right without that plugin. How can I fix this or can you help me fix it?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You may need to delete the folder using FTP or your file manager inside your hosting account. The folder is in wp-content/plugins. Your hosting company may be able to help you if you don’t find it.

yeswolf

Tom, I have tried and tried to find the folder you mention above (wp-content/plugins) but I cannot find it. I called my host (Go Daddy) and they couldn’t understand what I was talking about and they wanted me to pay them more money to help me.

Just to remind you — If I understand you correctly, I need to find it and delete the Content Aware Sidebars folder in wp-content/plugins so I will be able to reinstall Content Aware Sidebars in order to restore the various right sidebars I had on my website. They are all on the left now and I can’t drag them back without reinstalling the Content Aware Sidebars but when I try to reinstall it, I get a screen message saying it’s already installed even though it is no longer on my plugin’s page. I hope that made sense. I wish I understood all this better. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If WordPress says it’s already installed, it means it’s detecting a folder named “content-aware-sidebars” in your “wp-content/plugins” folder.

When you go into your file manager and navigate to that folder, what do you see?

yeswolf

Pardon my stupidity but I cannot find the file manager. Where is it please?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It will be inside your hosting control panel. It may be worth trying a different GoDaddy support agent – you might get one who knows WordPress a bit better.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.