Black Friday Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Resolved] Footer Widgets

Home Forums Support Footer Widgets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Neil

I am trying to have 5 footer widgets and the Copyright banner at the bottom of my site but I am finding that the copyright message is being displayed in footer number 5 along with the content that I have put in widget number 5
    see : http://ebl.precisioncomputing.co.uk/wp/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Neil,

Looks like you might have some broken HTML in one of your footer widgets.

Take a look and make sure for every opening HTML element (<div>, <p>, <aside>) there’s a closing element (</div>, </p>, </aside>).

Let me know 🙂

Neil

I don’t think I have missed anything. Below is the html code that I have in Footer Widget 5. The problem only occurs when footer 5 is active. If I only have 4 then its perfect, the Copyright is displayed below the widgets and in the correct colours etc… that I have set for it.

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <body>
    <p>

Sponsors of <br>the Edinburgh Plate<p>

</p>

</body>
    </html>

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Only add the stuff inside the <body> and </body> tag.

The other stuff can only be added once per page and is added by the theme.

Let me know 🙂

Neil

Hello,
    I found my mistake. Penplaid.jpg” width=”200′> I had mistakenly ended my width statement with a ‘ rather than ” which didn’t close the width and must have integrated it with the copyright footer.

Thanks for you swift responding and fantastic theme and plugins. Some wonderful features.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, good catch! Glad you found the solution and that you’re enjoying the theme 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.