[Resolved] Footer Padding

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Footer Padding

Home Forums Support Footer Padding

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Garth Dryland

Hey Tom

Thought I sent this yesterday but seems to have gone missing for some reason.

I have noticed that the CSS I’m using to set the footer padding is no longer working.

I wrote the comment below while using v1.2.89 – doesn’t appear this feature has been added as yet.

/* Footer Element Padding CSS can potentially be depreciated when Tom adds it to GP Premium v1.2.90 however confirm it is before removing */

.inside-footer-widgets .inner-padding {
    	padding: 0 30px;
    }

It looks to me like the footer has defaulted back to 40px of padding.

Has something changed in the latest update ?

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It hasn’t made it into an update yet – it will be in 1.2.93.

Nothing changed in this update – can you link me to the page where it’s not working?

Garth Dryland

Okay

You can see it happening here

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not seeing that CSS added anywhere.

If it’s added, make sure you don’t have any CSS syntax errors as anything below them won’t be read by the browser.

Garth Dryland

Hi Tom

It’s strange because I don’t believe I’ve changed any CSS in months on this site.

It’s like its connected to the WordPress 4.7 update somehow?

I will look at all the CSS again and see if I can recall changing anything.

Before I changed to the Simple CSS plugin yesterday the additional CSS area was complaining about closing brackets and I believe the content portion of the following CSS.

/*
    Read more anchor tag stop position from blog post too page when using menu plus floating menu
    */

:target:before {
    	content: "";
    	display: block;
    	height: 35px;
    /* fixed header height */
    	margin: -60px 0 0;
    /* negative fixed header height */
    }

I also don’t believe that I’m missing any closing brackets anywhere.

However as I have said I don’t believe that I’ve changed anything and Simple CSS and Jetpack CSS has never complained about any of my CSS.

It’s a bit weird.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If that’s the case, it might be a bug in the Additional CSS feature.

Having multiple CSS plugins installed can cause an issue as well – I would definitely disable Jetpack CSS and try using Simple CSS to see if it fixes the issue.

Garth Dryland

As soon as I installed Simple CSS I copied over the code and disabled Jetpack CSS and I also had to manually remove the CSS from the additional code area within customizer which seemed a little odd.

I also figured one lot of code would potentially override the other or cause issues of one sort of another if I didn’t however none of this makes a difference with respect to the footer padding issue.

Iv’e been busy with accounting client Christmas stuff but will have another good look into this in the next couple of days and see if I can figure it out.

You may be right with it being a bug. I might see if I can dig up a pre 4.7 version and check to see what happens.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe Jetpack automatically moved all of their CSS over to the new additional CSS section. You should just be able to keep it empty – no need to roll back WP versions.

Garth Dryland

Yeah that’s what happened. I was surprised to see the CSS still in the new additional CSS section after disabling the jetpack module. I also deleted the additional CSS content after moving it to Simple CSS.

Currently I still have the footer issue so thought if I roll back versions I could eliminate or confirm its relation to version 4.7

Also note that I’m testing these changes on my staging site, not the one listed above.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I doubt 4.7 has anything to do with it – CSS either works or it doesn’t.

When you view the source of your website, can you find your added CSS?

Garth Dryland

I haven’t had much time to do anything yet however I just noticed that another site I have seems to be working as it was/should be and is also running the latest version of WordPress (4.7) so its looking like something got screwed up on this site.

I still don’t believe I changed any of the CSS though. I’m thinking that maybe something was striped out of the code when it was imported into the additional CSS section. There is much more CSS on this site than the other one which is relatively simple in comparison.

I should get to have a good look tomorrow or the following day at the latest.

Garth Dryland

Hey Tom

I just took a look at the CSS to check one thing and found that the final closing brackets following all my @media queries had been stripped out. Approx 5-6 of them where missing the trailing brackets.

This issue should be sorted now so I marked this thread resolved.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found the problem 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.