[Resolved] footer link doesn't work

Home Forums Support [Resolved] footer link doesn't work

Home Forums Support footer link doesn't work

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robin

this is what I have put into the customize/layout/footer:

: :   Website by

but when I “publish” and check the footer, there is no link, no title, and when I go back into customize/layout/footer, here is what I see in place of the above entered text:

: : Website by

please advise

. . .

thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

Did you try adding a href as the Contact link?

Robin

If you look at the page itself, you will see that yes, the “a href” is typed in. I tried to copy and paste the exact code that I entered into my question, but it was translated into straight up text.

I formatted the “Web by” link, as far as I know, correctly.

Please do check the underlying html of the footer in the URL I included with my original post.

Robin

oh: just checked the page source, and the href link is stripped out.

here is the code I am trying to have in the footer:

&nbsp;&nbsp; : : &nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="https://studioroma.com/ target="_blank" title=“collaborative information design: studioroma”>Website by</a>

but every time I type that into the footer box in customize/layout/footer, alongside the copyright notice and mailto link, the link information is stripped out.

Robin

No idea why, except maybe the smart quotes on the title tag, but I copied and pasted the code I wanted into BBEdit, made the smartquotes plain quotes, and reentered the code, and now it works!

Thanks for being there.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you’ve figured out 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.