[Support request] Footer / Footer widget padding

Home Forums Support [Support request] Footer / Footer widget padding

Home Forums Support Footer / Footer widget padding

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Hi Tom,

hope you are fine.

I’ve installed today the latest version of GP and the addons plugin.

Within the customizer, the left/right padding for footer and footer widgets padding is automatically set to 0 but within the page there is a padding from 40px. If I change the padding there is no change on live-page.

Could you please check this?

Thanks and regards
    Patrick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Patrick,

Currently the padding between footer widgets isn’t adjustable, but I’m working on adding those options.

For now, you can adjust it with this CSS:

.inside-footer-widgets .inner-padding {
        padding: 0 40px;
    }

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

John

I have a similar question, but this has to do with the spacing between the Title in the Footer Widget and the first line of text. Is there a setting I can adjust for this currently or must it be done in CSS, and if in CSS, how do I determine the element to be edited?

John

Lyle

Hi John,

This should do it πŸ™‚

.footer-widgets .widget-title {
        margin-bottom: 10px;
    }

Adjust the values as required.

Cheers!
    Lyle

John

Lyle and Tom….. Your directions on adjusting spacing has been very helpful. I am now wondering how to adjust the spacing on the Right Sidebar, in particular the spacing between the title and copy text?

I have tried using Google’s Developer Tool to see if I can determine the styling that needs to be done, but if the answer is there, I cannot see it.

Can you point me to the setting for the spacing between title? And on a broader note, is this something I should have been able to determine on my own and if so, what is the best way I can embark on learning more about this?

john

Lyle

Hi John,

This will adjust that spacing (adjust the value as needed):

.sidebar .widget .widget-title {
        margin-bottom: 10px;
    }

You are on the right track using the Google Developer Tool; that is what I use as well πŸ™‚ Knowing which one to target takes practice. One of my fave places to learn is w3schools.com πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Lyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.