[Resolved] Footer bar spacing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Footer bar spacing

Home Forums Support Footer bar spacing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kim

Hi, I would like to know how I can reduce the spacing between the two widgets (Social icons and menu) in my footer bar? I’ve tried within the customizer settings, but this doesn’t move anything.

Many thanks πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

widgets have a default bottom margin of 30px to reduce ( or remove ) that from the Social Icons you can use this CSS:

.site-info .widget_lsi_widget {
        margin-bottom: 10px;
    }
    Kim

Works perfectly! Many thanks πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help.

Alice

David, this sounds close to something I need as well, but I wonder how one knows how to find out the original coding and specific code names for various elements of a Generate Press page? Per above, you include .site-info .widget_lsi_widget in the coding suggestion you offer.

I am seeing an extra batch of space below my header and too much vertical space in my footer and I’d like to change those. Also, the footer seems to concentrate everything in the center third. I’d like to spread it out a bit more, to cover more like four fifths and centered.

I have a child theme and I can put the code in there, no problem. But first I need to figure out how to find out what the correct verbiage is. I tried View Source and it wasn’t as helpful as I’d hoped it would be. :-\

Thank you for your cheerful support. Much appreciated. πŸ˜€

Alice

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Alice,

if you can raise a new topic and share a link to your site, then i can take a look and provide the correct solutions πŸ™‚

Alice

Okay. Good to know for future questions. I think as I was trying to drop off to sleep last night, I figured out an answer to this question. But you’ll hear from me before long on a new topic because I have a number of questions.
    Thanks,
    Alice

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.