[Support request] Footer and Footer Bar Not Appearing on Safari or Chrome

Home Forums Support [Support request] Footer and Footer Bar Not Appearing on Safari or Chrome

Home Forums Support Footer and Footer Bar Not Appearing on Safari or Chrome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Having a bear of a time getting footer widgets and the footer bar (copyright) to display consistently across browsers.

What I have now displays correctly on Firefox, but doesn’t show up at all on Safari or Chrome.

What I ultimately want is just the footer bar with copyright and disclaimer. I can add a BB row above or Footer widget above if needed.

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ryan,

That’s really weird.

I can see the code but it’s showing up in the hero image section ish.

Any custom functions added?

Does it work normally on page without BB?

Let me know 🙂

Ryan

Hey Leo,

I think I found part of the problem. Take a look at this page, and you can see that the footer is not anchoring below any of the BB modules.

I didn’t notice it before, because the module rows were all set to 100% white, and they just covered up the footer.

Haven’t added any functions.

https://www.voteryanpetty.com/ryan-petty-home/

Ryan

Didn’t answer your other question.

The default sample pages from the GP template seem to work fine, so it must have something to do with BB.

At this point, would it just be easier to turn off the footer in the customizer, and build the footer in BB as a separate row?

We only have a few pages on this site, so it’s not a big deal.

Ryan

It appears that setting the Page Builder container to “full width” in the page settings makes the footer ignore the page contents, and just center vertically on screen.

Is there any way to force the footer to anchor to the bottom of the content in full width mode?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s really weird. We have lots of people using BB with with the page builder container and I’ve never seen this before.

If you are happy to use BB then you can remove the GP’s default footer with this snippet:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','tu_remove_footer' );
    function tu_remove_footer() {
        remove_action( 'generate_footer','generate_construct_footer' );
    }

Adding PHP: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Ryan

Thanks, Leo. I used the CSS version of the hide footer, and just manually added a footer.

Firefox doesn’t seem to be bothered, but Safari and Chrome don’t like it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah that’s a weird one.

I’d mention to BB and see if they notice on their end as it’s working correctly without it.

Ryan

Just one last thought: is there anything in the custom CSS that defines the height of the full width container?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No the height is just the content height.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.