[Resolved] Fonts wont change

Home Forums Support Fonts wont change

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Troy

Hi team,
    I seem to be going around in circles and getting no where. All I want to do is set a font for the entire website. I have been through all of the Customiser Typography settings, but they do not all work. I managed to change the ‘Site Tag’ font and the ‘Navigation Menu, but nothing else.

‘My main irritation is the ‘Body text’. No matter which font I choose, the Body Text remains the same. I can change the font size, Line height and so on, but the font never changes.
    I can see the option to ‘inherit’ the font, but where does it inherit the font from? Ideally, if I knew where the master font was located, I could just set all of the typography to ‘inherit’ and live happily ever after.

Finally, I have used an Element for my Front Page header, however no where in the settings can I change the font for this either.
    Is there a way to override all of the other Typography and just set a font for the website? If not how do I get the Body text and the Element text to change font.

Thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thats odd – could you remove the coming soon so i can see whats going on ? Preferably with a Font selected for the Body ( not Inherit )

Troy

Hey David,
    Site is now live and I have selected ‘Titillium Web’ for the font (not inherit).

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It looks like your child theme is loading the theme stylesheet a second time, which is overwriting your Customizer settings.

Do you have any functions in your child theme functions.php file?

Troy

Hey Tom. Below is the contents of the Child theme functions.php file.

<?php
    // Exit if accessed directly
    if ( !defined( ‘ABSPATH’ ) ) exit;

// BEGIN ENQUEUE PARENT ACTION
    // AUTO GENERATED – Do not modify or remove comment markers above or below:

if ( !function_exists( ‘chld_thm_cfg_locale_css’ ) ):
    function chld_thm_cfg_locale_css( $uri ){
    if ( empty( $uri ) && is_rtl() && file_exists( get_template_directory() . ‘/rtl.css’ ) )
    $uri = get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/rtl.css’;
    return $uri;
    }
    endif;
    add_filter( ‘locale_stylesheet_uri’, ‘chld_thm_cfg_locale_css’ );

if ( !function_exists( ‘chld_thm_cfg_parent_css’ ) ):
    function chld_thm_cfg_parent_css() {
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘chld_thm_cfg_parent’, trailingslashit( get_template_directory_uri() ) . ‘style.css’, array( ‘generate-style’ ) );
    }
    endif;
    add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘chld_thm_cfg_parent_css’, 10 );

// END ENQUEUE PARENT ACTION

remove_action( ‘woocommerce_before_shop_loop’, ‘woocommerce_result_count’, 20 );
    //This snippet will remove the notice that shows the number of results.

remove_action( ‘woocommerce_before_shop_loop’, ‘woocommerce_catalog_ordering’,30 );

add_action(‘init’,’delay_remove’);
    function delay_remove() {
    remove_action( ‘woocommerce_after_shop_loop’, ‘woocommerce_catalog_ordering’, 10 );
    remove_action( ‘woocommerce_before_shop_loop’, ‘woocommerce_catalog_ordering’, 10 );
    }
    //This snippet removes the default sorting dropdown in StoreFront Theme

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Removing this function should fix it:

if ( !function_exists( ‘chld_thm_cfg_parent_css’ ) ):
    function chld_thm_cfg_parent_css() {
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘chld_thm_cfg_parent’, trailingslashit( get_template_directory_uri() ) . ‘style.css’, array( ‘generate-style’ ) );
    }
    endif;
    add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘chld_thm_cfg_parent_css’, 10 );
    Troy

That seems to have done it Tom. Thanks so much.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.