[Resolved] Fontawesome issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Fontawesome issues

Home Forums Support Fontawesome issues

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Zak

Hello, SO originally I had 2 issues with fontawesome.
    The first one was that all the icons were not showing even with the (only load essential) option not checked.
    I found out that while adding the font in the text tab, I had to remove the “s” from “fas”. That made them show.
    The second issue you can see on this page: the (Contact Us page on our site listed below).
    You can see that there are 3 Fontawesome icons are showing OK. even though the entire page used the same code. The (business hours) part does not show the clock icon. (<i class=”fa fa-clock” style=”color: #c83ac0; font-size: 25px; padding-right: 0px;”></i>).
    I am not sure why it show all the other icons but not this one. I even tried to replace it with other icons (like envelope) which shows on the same page, but nothing comes up.
    Any help to make this one icon show will be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We are still in the process of upgrading to FA5 which is why you need to use the fa prefix instead of fas for now.

For the second problem, just to double check that load essential icons are not checked here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/general-settings-overview/

Zak

OK, any eta on the implementation of fontawesome?
    And yes, for the second one, the (load essential icons only) is un-checked.
    As I mentioned, Only this line is not taking any icons, I tried multiple icons in place of the clock one, all with invisible results, mean while on other lines and other paragraphs on the same exact page, they all show with no issues.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GP hasn’t updated to Font Awesome 5 yet, so fa-clock isn’t a thing. You can find the correct class here: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icons/

Zak

ok, fa fa-clock-o worked. thank you.
    When you update to FA 5, will we have to change all of our icons?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It should be backward compatible ๐Ÿ™‚

Zak

Awesome, looking forward to it.
    Thank you all for your help. GP is awesome.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Glad you are enjoying it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.