[Support request] Font problem

Home Forums Support [Support request] Font problem

Home Forums Support Font problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hibiscus80

Hello,

I have a problem of font on my website. I choose the Playfair Display font and tried to put it in italic on title and every header and in regular for the body. The problem is that every time I select italic in header or title, the body changes also. When I put again regular in body, title and header lost italic variants…
    How can I solve it?
    Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not quite sure if I understand this.

So the settings in Customizer > Typography > Header > Text transform is changing the body text as well?

What’s your setting in Typography > Body > Text transform?

Let me know 🙂

hibiscus80

Hi,

It’s not exactly that because in Customizer > Typography > Header > Text transform you can not put the text in italic (I can only choose Upercase/lowercase/capitalize).
    So I spoke about the settings in Customizer > Typography > Header > variants. I choose there “Italic” for Header and “Regular” for the body (Typography > Body > Text Variants). But every time I change one, all the website change as well).
    I only have this problem if I choose the same fonts for Header and body. If I choose different font, I can select Italic or regular for one and something else for the other without changing everything…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm that’s weird. I tried but not able to duplicate the problem.

So this setting here would change the body text for you as well?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/Bzy8wTKla2

hibiscus80

Yes exactly. But as I said, I get that problem if I put the same font on all the website. I only tried to change the variants (Italic or regular) and that changes all the website in Italic or in regular

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The variants need to be the same across all fonts (as long as they’re the same font). If you only choose italics, all content on your site using that font will be italic.

So, we can use CSS to set the header to italic, while keeping everything else normal.

.main-title {
        font-style: italic;
    }
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.