[Resolved] Font Manager Not Showing (Alpha)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Font Manager Not Showing (Alpha)

Home Forums Support Font Manager Not Showing (Alpha)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Van Deusen

I installed the new betas (GP, GPP, GB, GBP) on a test site and the “Font Manager” option was in the Customizer under Typography. Really awesome!

Now I’m working on a new project and installed all the latest alphas, and the Font Manager isn’t there (looks just like the “old” systems). The global palettes are there, so I know I’m looking at the 3.1.X versions, but I’m not sure why the Typography isn’t updated…

Any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kyle,

is this a completely new install or an existing site that had the old typography module enabled ?

Kyle Van Deusen

This is a clone of an existing site that was NOT using GeneratePress previously (divi). I have only installed the Alpha versions of GP and GPP on this site, never any of the previous versions.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats peculiar.
    Could we get a temporary admin login so we can take a look at whats going on?

Kyle Van Deusen

Thanks, David! Adding login information to the “private information” in this response.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Go to Customizer > General – theres an option to enable the new Typography system.
    Its odd as that should only be required when updating an old version of the theme. Which kinda says that the site may have had GP installed on it at some point… if it didn’t we’ll take a look at why πŸ™‚

Kyle Van Deusen

Ah fantastic, David! Perhaps it did have GP on it at some point! I really appreciate you helping out!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – glad to see you using the new versions πŸ™‚

Kyle Van Deusen

Well, I thought it was better β€” but now the customizer is completely glitching out and freezing up if I try to make any typography changes.

I noticed the weights of the fonts changed after I changed to the new typography system… but when I go to change it, everything freezes up, flashes, disappears (and comes back) at random. Can’t seem to make any theme-wide typography changes now 😭

I also didn’t see a way to switch back, which I thought would be better than not able to changing fonts at all, but I don’t see that as an option.

Kyle Van Deusen

Deleting all settings and starting over seemed to solve.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for the feedback Kyle It may have been a really outdated themes options in the database, we’ll does some investigations.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.