[Resolved] Font is different on real site from customizer and preview

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Font is different on real site from customizer and preview

Home Forums Support Font is different on real site from customizer and preview

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jake

I’m using comic sans on my website header and in all preview modes it shows up that way. However, when I look at my real site on my phone, it’s definitely not comic sans. My URL is fitnessandhappinessforall.com

Why the heck is this happening? How do I fix it?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jake,

Looks comic sans to me: https://s29.postimg.org/jsw99a83r/2017-05-31_2327.png

Try clearing your browser cache.

Let me know.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m seeing Comic Sans as well.

It could be that Comic Sans isn’t installed on your phone (likely).

Jake

I pulled it up on a tablet and it was comic sans. But when I cleared my cache and again tried my phone AND tried my girlfriends phone, both display a non-comic sans font. I can easily compare it as my logo is comic sans. Perhaps you could look on a phone to confirm what I am seeing? How would I fix this? I don’t even see a way to accidentally have different fonts on different screens?!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What kind of phones?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

For example, iPhones don’t have Comic Sans installed, so it won’t display it: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7908973/comic-sans-missing-from-ios-build

Jake

Thank you. sorry for delayed response. So, can I set up a backup font without CSS (this is my first website and I could only figure out how to set one font under customize/typography)? How? Do you happen to know which fonts are truly universal across os and device?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The backup font for Comic Sans is simply “sans-serif”, which will choose the sans-serif font install on the device.

You would have to use CSS to set a different backup:

body {
        font-family: Comic Sans, Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif;
    }
    Jake

Thank you! Your reputation for customer service is s big reason I selected your theme and is seemingly well deserved.

Could you clarify though, can I just copy and paste that code (with whatever font families in whatever order i want) into the css stylesheet? Is it that simple or am I missing something? Again, forgive me, this is my first website and I’m trying to utilize other resources that aren’t you but I can’t find a clear answer meant for total noobs.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! You can add the CSS using these instructions: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.