[Resolved] Font Awesome Icons in Footer Widget

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Font Awesome Icons in Footer Widget

Home Forums Support Font Awesome Icons in Footer Widget

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Laura

Hello Leo and all –

You all have been incredibly helpful so far – thanks! I am trying to add simple icons to my footer (phone, email, etc) to jazz up the contact section. I have read the forum articles on adding fontawesome icons, but it does not work. The spot where they are supposed to be is blankety blank. I am using Beaver Builder as well. When I try to insert a fontawesome into a page…it is there for a moment, and then disappears when you publish. I had “Custom Sidebars” plugin activated, but I tried deactivating it and no change.

Am I meant to be enqueing font-awesome somewhere, or turning something on?
    On the site, you can look in the right hand footer. Between the Association title and the email, there is a blank spot where this code lives: <i class=”fa fa-phone”></i>
    <i class=”fa fa-envelope-o”></i>

And as you see, the spot is blank. Thanks in advance! (Alternatively, if there is a simple plugin you like to jazz up footers – I can just do that!)
    Laura

Laura

The code I referenced seemed to be bogging down the site, so it is deleted for now. But if you go to the site, just imagine a blank space in the contact widget. Thanks! Laura

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Laura,

Can you make sure the load essential CSS option is not checked?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/general-settings-overview/

Let me know.

Laura

Of course it was. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks again, Leo. All fixed now. Laura

Laura

Whoops – i marked this as closed, but now it seems the site is quite slow. I think I will use four icons total for the life of the site. Do you think it would be faster to just upload those four somehow? or is there a list of “essential font awesome icons?” I found a reference to them in the forum, but not the actual list. I will look into other reasons the site is loading slowly as well. Thanks again.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm it shouldn’t make too much difference.

Your site loads quite quickly for me.

You can run it through this site to check: https://gtmetrix.com/

Laura

Thanks again. I think I marked this as resolved. but if I didn’t, it is resolved. Laura

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.