[Support request] Font Awesome 5 Pro

Home Forums Support [Support request] Font Awesome 5 Pro

Home Forums Support Font Awesome 5 Pro

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael

I’m not sure if there is documentation for this, I found something relating to the free version of FA but it’s not really what I need.

I need to install FA5 Pro into the child theme for a particular site rather than use the Pro CDN.

I’ve created a folder in the child theme which as a folder /fonts/fontawesome/css/ with a file in there all.css (or all-min.css)

Do you have a gist to enqueue this and dequeue the free FA5 that is in theme?

thanks,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

GP doesn’t include Font Awesome by default anymore. If you’re still using the old Font Awesome 4 that was in GP, you can disable it by going to “Customize > General” and checking the “Load essential icons only”.

To add your child theme file, you can add this to your child theme functions.php file:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', function() {
        wp_enqueue_style( 'font-awesome-5', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/fonts/fontawesome/css/all-min.css' );
    } );
    Michael

Thanks Tom, that code hasn’t worked though.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you sure the path is correct? For example, if you view the source of your website, do you see the file enqueued? If so, is the URL correct to the file?

Nic

hi there how to embed FA5Pro properly to show up all available icons for instance in your button block?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you mean in GenerateBlocks ?

Nic

i mean somewhere here:

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

GenerateBlocks only uses inline SVGs – you can add whatever icon you like to the field provided. And it will probably even accept the FA Icon HTML ( may be )

One of the future features of the coming soon GenerateBlocks Pro will be the ability to edit the SVG library so icon packs can be easily installed – but it won’t be using a Font library CSS or JS methods that FA uses due to the terrible performance impact.

Nic

agree with the FA kits… don’t like them too! would be nice to upload a package of FA pro subsetted fonts. i am excited… thanks in advance

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome ( just as excited 🙂 )

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.