[Support request] Float a navigation to the content

Home Forums Support [Support request] Float a navigation to the content

Home Forums Support Float a navigation to the content

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Xuan

Hi, I’m wondering how would I be able to float a primary navigation on top of a content?

I have disabled the header in page setting. Just want the navigation to float right on top of a content image.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Xuan, you can try the GP Page Headers, here is a list of articles on how to use them and in particular merging them with the navigation.

https://docs.generatepress.com/collection/page-header/

Xuan

I see. It works. But now how would I be able to just set the colors for the sticky navigation & header (once they being merged)? I would like to set the background color and text color for the merged sticky navigation & header.

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use the Customiser > Colors > Primary navigation, this will control the base colors for the nav and the sticky nav.
    You can then override the base nav colors in the Page Header Advance tab, so you could have a transparent nav that becomes a solid color on sticky.

Xuan

Thanks~! one more question. How would I be able to customize the active navigation border? And it will be different for both regular navigation and sticky navigation.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Xuan,

You can target the current menu item for the navigation:

.main-navigation .main-nav ul .menu .current-menu-item {
    styles here
    }

And the navigation when sticky:

.main-navigation.is_stuck .main-nav ul .menu .current-menu-item {
    styles here
    }
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.