[Resolved] Flickering navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Flickering navigation

Home Forums Support Flickering navigation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard

Hello,
    scrolling down, at a certain point “h3 museums in Rome” the navigation menu starts to flicker. The same thing also on the pages in other languages.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know 🙂

Bernhard

Hello,
    I created a test environment and there the problem is not present. I found then, that one image was not loaded on the live site. In the image name was the character “ü”. I changed it to “ue” and now the image loads also on the live site and the problem disappeared.
    I’m wondering if there is a problem with the character set or if I simply shall avoid these characters in the file name? The site is on Cloudflare.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not sure unfortunately.

Glad you found the issue though!

Weird one for sure.

Bernhard

This thing starts to be a major problem for me. When I update posts where the image file name has special characters like ä ü ö , the page starts to flicker. Today I had 3 images with special characters on one page and I had to exchange the file names + all translations.
    I’m wondering why the filenames with special characters worked before and now I have these problems.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is the issue still happening on your page? I’m not noticing anything.

It sounds like something wrong with how the browser is rendering things.

Bernhard

Yes, here is a sample on my test page

I reproduced the problem today with Opera for Windows and with Chrome for Android.

I found now the same problem with the old posts, like on this post

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like a plugin is adding javascript which is creating a bunch of html movement.

You can see the purple elements here: https://www.screencast.com/t/FJPeOsZLI9

Maybe that plugin is misconfigured?

Bernhard

Hi Tom,
    it was a problem with the encryption mode between the server and Cloudflare.
    Now the problem seems to be solved.
    Thank you for your help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.