Fix WordPress header upload

Home Forums Support Fix WordPress header upload

Home Forums Support Fix WordPress header upload

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dee Broughton

Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but I think this is a WordPress design flaw. You can do better! When I want to upload a logo in the header area, I can only drag or select a file from my computer. Is there no way to choose from the library or add a url. This seems to mean I can’t use a logo that’s in a directory on one of my other sites, for instance, and can’t choose one I already uploaded to the library, which would be common. Am I missing something?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Been trying to find a built in WordPress control that allows you to choose from the library – I agree it’s annoying.

The Customizer is still somewhat new, so more controls will come out in time.

Whenever possible I want to use built-in WordPress functionality, so for now that’s the upload function, however I’m definitely keeping my eye out for a better control to use in future versions.

Allowing users to use custom URLs could go terribly wrong, so I think sticking with the media library is the best bet.

Rest assured I’m keeping my eye out for better upload functionality! πŸ™‚

Tom

Dee Broughton

Good to know. I’m curious, though, how would custom URLs go terribly wrong? I use that on all my other sites, with the Mantra theme, so that I don’t have to have copies of pics in every site’s “library”.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve had a couple themes in the past where you were able to add in a custom URL, and the amount of people I had adding in PDF files, .doc files etc was mind blowing.

It wouldn’t go wrong for people who understand it has to be an image URL, but in my experience a lot of people don’t understand that fully.

Of course, you can remove the header from the customizer, and then add your own header with a custom URL in GP Hooks πŸ™‚

Tom

Dee Broughton

Oh, the user error. Got it. πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.