[Resolved] First impressions with the GeneratePress 2.0 Beta 1

Home Forums Support [Resolved] First impressions with the GeneratePress 2.0 Beta 1

Home Forums Support First impressions with the GeneratePress 2.0 Beta 1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    themedleb

I tested the beta version in my local, so far it works good, except some stuff I noticed from first sight:

1- A horizontal scroll bar on the bottom added to the website, it’s like it added an empty space on my left (since I’m using RTL website), tried to zoom-out (with keyboard) the website and looked in all the empty space, there was nothing to notice, even with the Chrome’s inspect tool. Tried to deactivate some plugins but no change.

2- When I click on the search icon, the focus is still on the search button, usually it goes to the text area, so when “we click” => “we type”, but right now: “we click” => “we click again in the text area” => “we type”.

And as additional note I noticed that when I click the search icon/button, the horizontal scroll bar on the bottom disappears.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you for this!

1. This was an RTL-related bug which should be fixed in alpha.2.

2. This should happen already – check out our demo which is using 2.0:http://demo.generatepress.com/

I’ve extended your license by 1 year for finding #1 ๐Ÿ™‚

themedleb

OMG Thank you so much Tom, I’m just doing my duty.

And sorry, didn’t get what you mean by #2? In the demo, the search button works as it’s supposed to (like how it was working with preview versions), is the problem just in my website?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think I found the issue in #2. Should be fixed in alpha.2 which I’ll be releasing tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚

themedleb

I hope so, because the issue is really annoying for visitors. And count on me for testing it.

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.