[Resolved] File Path Errors Causing High Server Resource Usage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] File Path Errors Causing High Server Resource Usage

Home Forums Support File Path Errors Causing High Server Resource Usage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Charles

I am very pleased that I work with the Generatepress WordPress base. I used to work with a .net solution but they stopped supporting it a few years ago and thus I was forced to look for an alternative content platform.
    I appreciate that this is probably not an issue with Generatepress but am sure Tom would have a better idea on how to proceed on this than I do.
    From time to time my server runs at near 100% capacity and when I view Task Manager I can see certain websites are using a lot of the server’s resources.
    When I investigate I can see that there is a corruption of the file paths for several of the plugins.
    2 Plugins tend to be the culprit.
    • Gutenberg and
    • Block Editor
    If I take some action to fix the file paths. The website in question utilization drops dramatically.
    Should I contact anyone at the developers of those sites?
    Is this something which Genereatepress can take into account?
    Are there any tips / advice you can provide regarding this?
    (it is not always those two plugins which are an issue but they are the most frequently occurring)
    I have been installing the Query Monitor plugin on my websites to try and track down any issues.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Charles,

I don’t think these plugins are required anymore.

The default editor in WP is block editor (Gutenburg), if your WP version is up to date, you can remove the plugins.

But make sure you backup the site before doing so, just in case.

Charles

Hi Ying,

OK – many thanks I will back-up the websites and delete those plugins and see how that goes.

Many thanks for the speedy reply.

Kind regards

Charles

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.